Allowed Use of Funds
Funds may be used for one of the following but not limited to:
- Manual/electric wheelchairs or scooters
- Prescribed exercise therapy equipment; physical/occupational therapy
- Education related items such as tuition assistance, pre-school to post doctoral support, etc.
- Adaptive technology such as computers, hearing aids, etc.
- Dental intervention (due to OI)
- Vehicle modifications such as lifts, pedal extensions, etc. or vehicle purchases
- Travel reimbursement to receive specialized care
- Outdoor ramps that provide access to a home
- Accessibility aides such as reachers, shower chairs, kitchen carts, etc.
- Any other needs not met by personal or other funds
- OI Diagnosis
- Financial need – if application is chosen as a finalist income verification will be required.
- Request improves the applicant’s quality of life.
- Grant must be used within 12 months.
- Those receiving an Impact Grant are not eligible to apply for additional funding for one year.
Impact Grant Applications are generally accepted annually between December and January. If you want to be notified when the next cycle opens up, please sign up for our Impact Grant email alerts below.
If your need is incredibly urgent, you may download an application now and submit it for consideration for our Emergency Funding Program.